We believe in the value of people – the clients we work with and the team that provides that service. We embrace innovation and practicality to be a market-leader in providing expert, results-focused HR services with integrity and enthusiasm.
Who We Are
The founders of Talbot Pierce Consulting, Karen Talbot and Desirée Pierce are senior HR Professionals with significant experience in delivering HR solutions to companies across a range of sectors. We pride ourselves on providing advice and expertise to the highest level, grounded in 15+ years’ experience across a range of industry sectors and organisational cultures. Our core company values encompass integrity and confidentiality.
In our experience, each business is unique and we quickly get to grips with each new clients’ business and business goals. We are committed to delivering results that have a positive impact with a strong focus on organisational development and employee relations. While addressing specific HR challenges, we take a holistic approach to your organisational environment, ensuring that the agreed solution supports your business goals and strategy. We are responsive and pro-active and value our clients’ business. We deliver cost-effective solutions that consider the financial and human benefits and implications.
The combination of our legal/HR/IR/ER experience uniquely positions us with a particular expertise in the area of conflict/dispute resolution. Our approach to employee relations/IR and conflict resolution focuses on achieving the optimum outcome, minimising risk and prevention.
Summary of Expertise
- Extensive experience of HR Management at senior level in public and private sector;
- OD strategy development;
- Experienced barrister specialising in employment and labour law;
- HR and employment law compliance and due diligence, including mergers & acquisitions;
- Extensive experience of design and implementation of job and salary evaluation – developing methodologies and evaluating individual jobs and job families;
- Conducting and hearing independent appeals on a range of matters including: grievance, disciplinary; performance, grading, salary, redundancy, etc.
- Successful implementation of significant organisational restructuring;
- Implementation of HR software system and associated change strategy for 1000+ employees;
- Extensive Industrial Relations experience – management and trade union;
- Combined 25+ years’ experience in HR/ER/IR/OD/law/consulting;
- Implementation of HR/OD Business Process Improvement projects;
- Expertise across all industry sectors including public sector, retail, NGO/ not-for-profit/ charity, technology, ecclesiastical, hotel/ restaurant/ bar/ catering, motor, healthcare, construction, education.
Qualifications and Professional Memberships
- Certified OD Practitioner (Roffey Park);
- Accredited in Mediation;
- Member of Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (MCIPD);
- Master of Business Studies, Human Resource Management (University College Dublin, Graduate School of Business);
- Diploma in Personnel Management (Dublin Institute of Technology);
- BSc Management (Trinity College Dublin);
- Higher Diploma Hotel & Catering Management (Dublin Institute of Technology);
- BBS – specialising in HR (Dublin Business School);
- Post-Graduate Diploma – Strategic HR (Irish Management Institute).